- Navigation menu
- Dangerous Waters
- John Burnett Reports on “Fighting Twenty-First Century Piracy” at IPI
- Dangerous Waters - John Burnett - Google книги
- Freely available
The Global Observatory provides timely analysis on trends and issues related to global security. Skip to content. Search for:.
Recent articles from the Global Observatory. The question is not whether to use force, but how much force is necessary to accomplish POC goals. Answering this question will become increasingly important for the UN as most peacekeepers now operate in hostile environments. The Agenda can only be realized if development data is disaggregated to track development outcomes for LGBTI populations.
Delayed actions may result in diminishing returns, and, in the worst-case scenarios, difficult and potentially inhumane choices. They attack mostly cargo ships, but anything might be fair game. The most likely spots for attacks are off the coasts of Malaysia and Indonesia. He also "dramatizes" some recent, extremely brutal real-life examples of piracy.
John Burnett Reports on “Fighting Twenty-First Century Piracy” at IPI
As Burnett shows, the most terrifying scenario is that of a major terrorist attack on the seas. The USS Cole incident suggests that big ships are really quite vulnerable—especially since much of the world's sea cargo is oil.
Burnett's well-researched investigation is spiked with plenty of seafaring action. View Full Version of PW. Then set up a personal list of libraries from your profile page by clicking on your user name at the top right of any screen.
Dangerous Waters - John Burnett - Google книги
You also may like to try some of these bookshops , which may or may not sell this item. Separate different tags with a comma. To include a comma in your tag, surround the tag with double quotes.
- Customer Reviews?
- Philosophical Interventions in the Unfinished Project of Enlightenment (Studies in Contemporary German Social Thought).
- Piracy on the High Seas;
- Dangerous Waters: Modern Piracy and Terror on the High Seas;
- Law Touched Our Hearts: A Generation Remembers Brown v. Board of Education?
- Pandolfinis Endgame Course: Basic Endgame Concepts Explained by Americas Leading Chess Teacher (Fireside Chess Library);
Please enable cookies in your browser to get the full Trove experience. Skip to content Skip to search.
Burnett ; [with a new afterword by the author]. Burnett, John S. Published New York, N.
- The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life!
- Dangerous Waters: Modern Piracy and Terror on the High Seas.
- Life science automation fundamentals and applications;
- Music in Elizabethan Court Politics;
- John Burnett Reports on “Fighting Twenty-First Century Piracy” at IPI.
- Tantum Ergo, K142 (spurious);
- Entrepreneurship in China;
Author Burnett, John S. Subjects Burnett, John S. Hijacking of ships. Summary "While sailing alone one night in the shipping lanes across one of the busiest waterways in the world, John Burnett was attacked by pirates. Through ingenuity and a little bit of luck, he survived, and his shocking first-hand experience inspired him to investigate this growing, global problem. Now, in Dangerous Waters, he charts piracy's resurgence, and reveals the threat it poses to our safety and security.
enter site They can be local seamen looking for a quick score, highly trained guerrillas, rogue military units, or former seafarers recruited by sophisticated crime organizations.